OBMS Spring Sports
CHEER MEETING for 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
All 6th and 7th graders interested in trying out for Cheer
Meeting will review requirements and important dates for tryouts
In Coach Henkle’s room (223 in 7th grade hall)
Monday May 3rd at 7:45am (before school)
If you are unable to attend the meeting, please see Coach Henkle starting May 3rd for the necessary information and handouts.
CHEER INFO FOR BERLIN HS AND ORANGE HS 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR
If you have a rising 9th grader who is interested in Cheer for the 2021-2022 school year, please click the links below for important information.
Berlin HS Cheer Information: Berlin Cheer Tryout Information
Orange HS Cheer Information: Orange Cheer Tryout Information
The following eligibility requirements MUST be completed prior to the start of the first open gym/practice/try-out, whichever is first.
1. Create or log on to Final Forms to select your sport and to confirm all documents are completed and
electronically signed by both parent and player. Final Forms and Final Forms instructions can be
accessed via the links below.
2. A valid OHSAA Physical Form must be on file before the first open gym/practice/try-out. Physical
Forms expire 13 months from the “Last Physical Exam Date”.
If you currently do not have a valid Physical Form on file or is expired we will need a current form prior to the first open gym/practice/try-out.
YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE/TRY-OUT WITHOUT A CURRENT PHYSICAL FORM.
3. It is also required that every athlete complete the Student Athlete Waiver form. This will need to be
given to the coach on the first day of open gym/practice/try-out
If you are not sure if you meet these eligibility requirements, please see Mrs. Bruening in the Guidance/Athletic Office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN GYM / PRACTICE GUIDELINES
- Athletes and parents/guardians must complete all necessary information in FinalForms, and both parent/guardian and the athlete must electronically sign ALL necessary forms in finalforms prior to open gym dates/times AND tryouts/practices.
- Athletes must have an OLSD Covid Waiver signed prior to participation, print and bring with you on first day. NO ATHLETE CAN PARTICIPATE
- An updated PHYSICAL FORM must be on file for the student to participate.
- Masks are MANDATORY while not participating, no athlete will be admitted to an open gym/practice without a mask.
- Athletes must bring their own water, there will be no drinking fountains.
- Athletes must come ready to participate, NO LOCKER ROOMS.
- Athletes that are not in compliance will be prohibited from participating in open gyms and required to go home.
*Please reach out to the coaches directly with any questions and to submit your interest in participating in this upcoming Spring Season*
Baseball – Boys 7th Grade
Baseball – Boys 8th Grade
Softball – Girls 7th Grade
Softball – Girls 8th Grade
Lacrosse – Boys 7th & 8th Grade
Lacrosse – Girls 7th & 8th Grade
Track & Field – Boys 7th & 8th Grade
Track & Field – Girls 7th & 8th Grade
*Please reach out to the coaches directly with any questions and to submit your interest in participating in this upcoming Spring season*
Any 7th or 8th grade girls interested in playing lacrosse for Berkshire this spring please contact Coach Moss - email@example.com - for more information. You do not need to have played before - this is the perfect time to learn.
TENNIS – BOYS
This is a CLUB sport offered to BMS boys in the spring and is run completely separate from Berkshires other spring sports. Please reach out to Mark Latham for more information if you are interested in CLUB tennis; firstname.lastname@example.org.